Wednesday 4 January 2012

BINTM Live EXPO show at the EXCEL

They say that networking is all about who you know, and yet for someone who’s a nobody I did very well for myself at BINTM.
Taking my sis along for a birthday treat we made sure we inhaled the whole experience, including some tasty pieces of fudge  and you know it’s been a good day when even my favourite ‘they don’t hurt my feet’ heels have to be replaced with the sneaky flats I stored in my Nica Satchel bag.
My highlights of the day are as follows:
1.       Pointing out (not very subtley) Vernon Francois to my sister, he asks me to prove that I do in fact know who he is, which I did in my best I’m not starstruck accent and was rewarded by being granted my picture with him as well as being told ‘I,’ Miss nobody made his day as apparently not everyone did their homework on who they were talking to
pic.twitter.com/HzeurAms Yes i am in a Primark jumpsuit, the beading is so cute - it's obvious who the stylist is though right? I love someone who owns their own style.
2.       After seeing male models struggling to take their own picture I offered to help, as I am such a good Samaritan and afterwards was once again rewarded with a photo opp. Now the fact they were wearing just strips of material covering the bare essentials obviously had nothing to do with my motivations, but an accidental bum graze on my behalf did leave me hot and flustered as how do you explain to the scantily clad man that it was in fact an accident.
                                                            Vicki Frost
3.       The Joey Bevan catwalk was amazing and having my photo with some of the models was just the icing on the cake and it’s nice for once at 5’9 to be the short one, i should of done the vogue move, but it's hard to blend in when you feel like an Oompa Loompa next to these women.
                                                                                                          
I must say i was really impressed with the quality put into Mr Bevan's show, i expect big things for this one.
4.       Grabbing front row seats to hear handbag.com’s Louise discuss beauty tips, only to be pulled from the crowd to have my make-up bag analysed. By chance it was not my Dior lipgloss that was used as an example, but my Asda shimmer blusher palette and was used as a model to show Louise’s tried and tested ‘number 3’ application technique.
5.       Our row B seats for the catwalk was definitely worth the wait to then have Bluey Robinson performing in front of us and Hob salon’s Darren Bain sitting behind us. Between the male dancers strutting their stuff half of whom looking like they stepped out of the vogue video and the BINTM girls smashing the catwalk in gorgeous outfit after outfit, it was a definitely a must see for me. Winner of BINTM Jade , Juste and Imogen all had beautifully fierce walks and not one stumble even for the ones that started shaky. A really well put together show

Implausible blog @implausibleblog had a great clip of the best bits of the show highlighting Bevan's collection, catwalk, Bluey Robinson and so on,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltHP5TJlNKw&feature=player_embedded
Trekking home on the tube it gave me the opportunity to rummage through my goody bag and to top of the VIP goody bag of make up, tampax and pantene essentials was a good old galaxy bar, just what you need after a day of pampering.
I think for next year I will save more for some of that sugar free ice-cream, which was actually very tasty and let’s face it you can’t go wrong with sugar free ice cream and who knows by next year I may be a size smaller so I have even more energy to mingle.
Frostinator Fashion xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts