Friday 13 April 2012

Manchester Fashion Week - Miss Guided 10/4/12

Good morning boys and girls it's a bright and sunny day (yes that is a joke)  and I am in the way to my second day as official Manchester fashion week blogger *happy clap to myself*.

Yesterday was dedicated to the sponsor of the fashion week this year Missguided.co.uk and the day was broken up into catwalk shows showcasing the different looks that Missguided have to offer.
Now unfortunately for me my children finish nursery at 6 meaning I could only manage the first two shows, although if it were up to me I would have brought a pop up tent and slept on the runway i just had to work with the time that I had.

image.jpeg

This mural covered the entire back wall when you walked into reception and you can see the lovely Sara there in her official jumper. She's in on friday as well so do talk to her if you need a friendly face as she's awesome. There is also a Sarah that works with her as a helper and another Sarah who is one of the reps for Missguided so if in doubt just ask for Sarah and your guaranteed at least one person to come to your aid.


Today however is another kettle of fish as I will be there all day, all night and then half of Thursday - yay for me, and yay for you, as more me means more blogs filled with fashion. Whoop whoop

 After being stamped with PRESS I was allowed to wander upstairs where there were seats and a bar.
image.jpeg                           image.jpeg                image.jpeg

Yesterday I learned that asking people for directions will a) end up being the wrong directions and b) will end up with my feet in a puddle of rain water :( My journey ended with me in reception but only after combining the directions of three people, I felt like PAC man going up and down the side streets. I did however manage to pull off my windswept hair - bonus. :) You should know by now that I like to see the silver lining in any situation.

1pm
Sitting second row slap bang at the end of the catwalk for the first runway and then ungraded to front row at the last second is always going to be a good thing as far as I'm concerned. Front row VIP' s get given goody bags and so my first runway came with an elemis goody bag.
image.jpeg  but i wanted to be all artistic and show you whats inside, as this picture only shows you the top square of goodies.
image.jpegI think this shows the products off better.You can't see but it's almost as if they made this especially for me, as right at the bottom was a tiny pack of love hearts. If you don't know what i'm talking about  please see the earlier love hearts blog and all will become clear.

    
 

My favourite looks from Missguided are shown below and i must say that i think Boss Model Management did a great job picking their models for the event. Missguided got to show off their aztec prints, geometric patterns, stripes, clashing colours put together in a way that only true fashion style can make it work and a range of georgeous shoes and accessories. Here are some of my favourites.

 


This model (above) Rebecca was by far my favourite model and with almost a Dita Von Teese look she would fit right in dressed up as a character in Mad Men, but thats just my opinion. I'll tell you what though this girl knows how to walk. The second she hit the catwalk 'BAM' the face was there and she was the only girl that paused long enough at the end that you could have two or three good shows from her everytime. Don't get me wrong all the girls had a great walk, but some were a little quick at the end of the catwalk and that's where the money shots come from.
 
 
All models from the shows can be found on the Boss website with a profile for each girl.
Rebecca for example will come up like this with all the stats like height and size alongside it.
http://www.bossmodelmanagement.co.uk/models/new-faces/women/rebecca-fenney.htm
 Rebecca_Fenney_02

 
We did have a great duo introducing the catwalks for Missguided and that was the @BIESZKE_TWINS Chris and Craig. Think Ant and Dec of the fashion world in terms of being able to play off eachother and get the crowd ready but then turn up the hottnest factor and you get twin models/actors/promoters.


Leading on to the afternoon we had some strong colours which was great for me.

 
  

 
 
 

 
I didn't get to see if the matetial was part of the bags design of it ot was a scarf added for effect, but either way i think it loks fab.
 
 
I did like this model but i did want her to stop flipping the glasses with her fingers - aaahhhh!

Some looks we're very fitting on the models, which is great for them, but I think if I wore this there may be a different reaction haha. Let's say I have a bit more junk I my trunk :)


 
Overall it was a great day and a real shame that I could only manage two shows, but childcare was calling and so fashion will have to wait til Wednesday and I will be there all day.
I have been on the Missguided site and scoped out some of the fashion on there already for you guys, if you wabt to copy the looks above. http://www.missguided.co.uk/ has everything you could need to fill up your wardrobe for the summer.

Festlyn Polka Dot Hot Pants festlyn polka dot hot pants £12.99
Kyane Sheer Aztec Bow Back Vest kyane sheer aztec bow back vest £14.99


Barcey Geometric Print Skater Dress barcy geometric print skater dress £24.99

Hope you enjoyed this and sorry for any badly taken pictures. All are available for use if you e-mail me frostinatorfashion@gmail.com

It was nice that in the afternoon frozen yoghurt was given out by lovely assistants on your entry to the catwalk.
  @frurtfroyo

Enjoy and do drop me a line to let me know what you thought of the day if you attended, or what you thought of the fashion looks :)

FrostinatorFashion xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts