Monday 16 April 2012

Alex Christopher

                                                                 Manchester Fashion Week - Wednesday

Kicking off Wednesday was Alex Christopher (twitter @AlexChristoph3r), who presented both womenswear and menswear. It was a really nice cohesive collection with the women in fitted body contouring shapes and the men in mostly day wear with open neck lines and lots of buttons and fastenings. This collection is very good for the clubbing scene in wine bars and higher end clubs and hopefully you will see what I mean.

In the goody bag was a print out of most of the collection and so I will try and mix those shots in as well.


                                                          Alex Christopher - Womenswear


                                                           
The image above right shows the brown skirt and top modelled in the second picture is the Crab top £55 / Hitch Maxi Skirt £75.


This dress was gawgus, but it's really unfortunate that it looks like there's no-one in the front row. This was because the front row was reserved for VIP's and when those VIP's didn't attend the seats were left unfilled. Personally i would have waited 5 mins before showtime and then moved everybody forward a row, if VIP's can't attend on time then they don't deserve to be VIP's. It's also because of where the press were sitting (including me :)) which is right at the end of the catwalk which is great for full length shots, but at the end of the row mine are all angled towards the models and it's such a shame it looks empty on half the shots.

   

  

Elasticated Collar £95/ Buckle Belt £55.

  

I loved the draping on this dress at the back as it's unexpected when you see the front, which is figure hugging and with panels. Just in case your thinking that model is taking alabaster skin to the next level i can assure you it is my photographs. Being my first catwalk show that I was blogging for, it took me a while to balance the models posing, the colour of the oufit and the lights!!

The Choker Dress is available for £120 with buckle belt £55. Big Collar Shirt £75.
 
The last picture was one of my favourites as it's only when you are looking closely that you realise it's a shirt dress. To me this is the chicest version of 'I have nothing to wear so have stolen boyfriends t-shirt' that i've seen in a while.

 The printed Tee i don't remember seeing on the catwalk, but paired with the Wetlook Maxi i would be a big fan. I didn't like the other Wetlook items on display as it always reminds be of latex binbags, hence the no pics. I tend to take pictures of the things that i like as otherwise who wantes to read an article where you hate everything?
Alex Christopher's website is www.eachtotheirown.co.uk if you've seen anything you like go and scope out the site.
                                                        Alex Christopher - Menswear

The menswear was the first chance the male models also from Boss Model Management had to show off their talents. Here are my favourite male models Tom Walker and Alex Ewart, both had a great casual walk and didn't over pose at the end.
                                    
These were also my favourite looks as I could see men wearing them out, although the trousers did have that equestrian theme coming in on some of the cuts, which personally I don't like, but both these looks caught my eye.

Danny Jacobs, Gavin Fawcett, Alex Walker and Dean Wilson were the rest of the models which brings me to the rest of the collection.
  I love this hoody as it takes a fashion staple and just puts a nice twist on it. I would definitely buy this for someone.

I didn't like these as I think anyone wearing them would look mis-shaped or saggy assed, but that doesn't mean they won't be the next big thing. It just means I wouldn't suggest them to my husband.
 
 
I liked his colour choices, use of stripes and fastenings, although in the button shirt above the buttons were almost to his chin, so I'm not sure how user friendly they would be if you had to look down.


This is the model in the handout and it may be uncomfortable, but I think it looks damn good. Waterfall shirt £95 So there you are.

 Here's a couple more menswear looks and especially with the long back Tee £55, I can picture them in every club I know. I must confess however that i do hope the big pocket jeans are more popular then the trousers i mentioned earlier.

Guys if your reading this www.eachtotheirown.co.uk if you need anything adding to your wardrobe for the summer.

Short and sweet as lots more collections to write up

Frostinator Fashion xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts