Tuesday 10 April 2012

Easter Make-Up mess around

Good evening everyone, I hope your all having a pleasant and decadent Easter? You may be shocked to hear that my post today is not a picture of me stuffing my face with chocolate. I am rising above my temptation and instead worked up an easter themed make up blog.

image.jpeg

Ta daa!!! When I think of Easter I think of painted eggs and bright colours. This combined with the children's Easter egg hunt I held yesterday had me in the child spirits of Easter fun. I think it's so easy when using make up to stay within the comfort zone of the colours that suit your eye, simple and refined but have become a bit... Same old same old.
Today I wanted to mix it up and play with some colours, not blending, not contouring, no foundation or to much faffing around, just a bit of fun.


image.jpeg
Eyes:
You will need 6 colours plus a beige colour for base. In my case I used a selection from my MAC palette for the bold colours. The extra colours I used from an old Front Cover eye set.

image.jpeg     image.jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpeg

  


I started back to front and so after applying the base I started on the inner eye with the orange working it up all the way to the eyebrow and then worked my way along with green,  yellow etc all the way to pink. Then I applied the blue under the eye and then used the purple to merge the colours from the socket to the under lid. As I was going for a playful theme I have taken the colour quite far out to the sides and then of course this could be done even more so if you are feeling daring. Do send me a pic if you do though :)

image.jpeg
Finish up with just a touch of kohl eyeliner, mascara and eyebrow definer.

Brushes used:
image.jpeg
Bare Minerals full flawless face brush
Elegant touch eyeshadow brush
Body shop large eyeshadow blender
A tiny brush I got in my goody bag at the Blaze hair and make up course.

Lips:
MAC embrace me lip liner applied all over lips
MAC lipglass style packed on top

image.jpeg      image.jpeg

Finish off with a smidge of body shop bronzer all over the face, and I do mean a smidgin, none of this you've been tangoed orange peel effect that some people fall victim to. Finish off with a dab of blush, again the amount depends on how daring you want to be, but if you are putting on a lot, just remember to blend into the cheekbone all the way to the eyebrow arc. Blend, blend, blend.
I know some of you will be thinking Asda blusher isn't very high fashion, but I like to go with the feel of the product rather then the price of it, so yes Asda blusher did me just fine for this example.

image.jpeg

So there we have it an Easter look for those feeling adventurous.

On the other hand some of you may prefer nails to make up and so I also have an alternative for you.
Yes I know you are thinking how young and dainty my fingers look here, but alas it is not my hand. After having my three year old watch my make up application and been told 'no' she wasn't allowed eyeshadow, or lip gloss, or my giant blusher brush, or to be pretty like mummy *her words not mine.* I gave in to the nails as it's the only time she will get nail varnish, until she's old enough to buy it with pocket money.

image.jpeg

Using MUA love heart varnishes as I do love a good MUA product and an eyeliner. Very very simple.
Paint on a base colour
Use pointy tip cotton bud to apply head and ears of your bunny in second colour.
Use third colour on the inner ears
Use liquid eyeliner to outline bunny silhouette and draw face, whiskers or any other detail you like.
The thumb I was going for the back of the bunny with a tail, but a 3 year old only sits still for so long, even with 'tangled' on.
Well that's it for today, hope you enjoyed it and do let me know the looks you had on for Easter, or of you tried out any of the ones on this blog.

Happy Easter

Frostinator Fashion xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts